Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Addicted!

Every evening now, I find I absolutely must craft! It doesn't matter what time I get home from work, after a shower, I head straight to the craft room and bond with my scrapping supplies. Sharing two creations from the past two days below!

1) Penguin hoarder!
Definitely tired whilst doing this so after painstakingly colouring the penguin and his presents you could tell I just slapped on the closest embellishments I found without much thought (or much embellishment for that matter!). Thankfully, STOL's cute penguin stamp saved it from being a total loss. The stamps are from Stamps of Life's October stamp set called Penguins4Christmas; coloured with my copics. Papers are all regular card from a local stationers (I rarely use branded cardstock for bases as they're pretty hard to come by here and if you do find them they're so bleeping expensive).


2) Vintage frames
Its become quite apparent that my favourite style is vintage romanticism so I had a LOT of fun creating this card. The stamps are from Glitz (the frame) and Oxford Impressions (the lady inside the frame!) as well as Flonz (for the sentiment). Displaying the cut out border from my new Martha Stewart lattice punch that's turned out to be a pretty cool purchase! The punched accents make super cheap yet pretty embellishments churned out a lot faster than when using the die-cut machine. The tag for the sentiment has been cut out with a spellbinder's tag die and the patterned paper is by Grace Taylor. Images and distressing all done by Distress Inks in Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles and Vintage Photo. Frame image was stamped in Vintage Photo and heat embossed with Distressed Embossing powder called Gilded Gold.



3 comments:

  1. OMG, I thought I would stop by your blog and give you a visit, your work is so beautiful!!!! I am now your newest follower and I don't mind at all if you add my blog link! Thanks so much for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    Thanks so much for dropping by, the kind words and of course permission to link your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana, I just stopped back by to visit, and I am glad I did, I wouldn't have seen your post other wise. Still new to the bloggin world I see. If you need to post something directly to me just stop by my blog and post there so that I can respond to it. Love your creations!! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to stop back by!!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete