Monday, November 28, 2011

Play Date Cafe Challenge (PDCC108)!


Crafting always seems to put a smile on my face when times get a little rough...And Lawn Fawn helps me put smiley faces on everything else! Lol.

The significant other is away at training in Nepal. It's the first time he's been away this long since we got together so I am feeling a little out of sorts. Yes, he SMS-es every single day but it still doesn't feel the same knowing he can't give me a big hug when I need one. The Christmas spirit this year has yet to come knocking as I deal with this and a whole slew of uncomfortable changes.

Anyway, enough of that! I spent all day yesterday catching up on my Christmas Cardmaking and ended up with this cute card that seems to fit the Play Date Cafe's challenge this week (PDCC108)!


The stamps used are from Lawn Fawn: Cosy Christmas and Winter Fox. Both extremely adorable stamp sets that introduced me to LF! This card was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic markers. The sentiment and patterned paper was from a free Christmas paper stack I got with a UK card magazine that I now forget! Not sure if you can see the glitter glue used on the smoke swirls about Winter Fox's mug but there's glitter glue there!! The holly was cut out using a Martha Stewart craft punch.



3 comments:

  1. WOW--we didn't just get a card...we got a scene using our color story! LOVE it! Great fireplace--and that fire and fox are super cute:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love the magnificent, bold colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Savannah and Andrea! I had so much fun making it and am glad you like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete