Sunday, June 26, 2011

Commissions, commissions... and then some!

Had a lot of commission work to finish these past few weeks. Sharing with you some of the ones which are relatively safe to share (not too personal!) and some cards I just made for fun! I've received some really awesome stamps this past week. My orders from Oxford Impressions and Stamps of Life arrived (although one set seems to have been waylaid and I still check the mail everyday for it!) and Alvin has dutifully brought another 3 set of Sheena Douglass U-mount Create-a-scene stamps made for Creative Expressions. The sets have vastly enlarged my cardmaking scope. I am just so pleased with them I haven't gotten round to breaking them all in!

Anyway, without further ado!

1) Cheers! Using the Pub set of the U-Mount Create-A-Scene series.
They are quite simple but the masking and use of three different stamps as well as the lovely embossing packed a punch. Quite like these even though I had to make five and was rather bored at the end!

2) Using the Cake2Build set and Wishes4Birthday (I think that's what it's called! hehe) set from the Stamps of Life I made this birthday card just for fun. I wouldn't usually pick up plain stamps like these from the stores but after watching Stephanie Barnard of SOL show how using the stamps in different ways can make such adorable cards; I was sold! It's so cute!

3) This simple card was made using my new Oxford Impressions Beau Monde stamp set. The quality of these stamps are so good- they create such crisp images with hairline detailing. Would definitely recommend these!

4) Last but not least, the card I made for Dots that I just love! It uses a fountain stamp from the Regency U-mount Create-a-scene stamp set and the dancing couple from the Jane Austen Oxford Impressions stamp set. A bit of masking, distressing, die-cutting and stamping and voila! I have to try this in different colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment