Sunday, June 5, 2011

An Icon

Anyone who's seen My Fair Lady with the iconic Audrey Hepburn will remember her in two scenes- as the grimy, uncouth flower girl singing about lots of chocolates to eat and later as the almost sophisticated socialite at the Ascot Race.

What a treat it was when artist Sheena Douglass recreated Eliza Doolittle in a set of rubber stamps! I ordered these straight from the UK and there's just no end to how much I love them!

1) The Flower Girl- This was done much earlier when I first got the stamps. Painstakingly coloured with watercolour pencils but just so gorgeous. This was before I got my Big Shot so no fancy die-cuts or embossing. Just good ol' rubber stamping and punchers.


2) The Ascot Race- This gorgeous dress will forever live in the hearts of musical enthusiasts. It was just gorgeous beyond words. One look at it and you'll know- My Fair Lady- Audrey-Eliza. I thought the black on white may be a little boring so I used purple instead though for some reason the markers show up as blue in these pictures. I made this today once I had calmed down. Definitely much better than the earlier cards. I love the little chipboard used at the bottom- it also came free with Cardmaking Magazine- the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady Chipboard tag set.

Ascot Eliza is available for purchase- RM10 (USD 3.50) +P&P

No comments:

Post a Comment