Sunday, June 5, 2011

In a cardmaking Rut

Fell into a bit of rut today and produced two not-so-great cards. Was slightly troubled and it showed in my cardmaking. Atleast now I know that I need to free my mind when crafting. Peace is oh so important!

Nonetheless, I am putting these up for you to see. I really like the Sheena Douglass Tudor street stamp and I hope to use it better next time and seriously do it justice!


This was just an absolute disaster. The wrong choice of frame colour made much worse by the harsh black outlining. I spoilt a perfectly good sheet of patterned paper. Hopefully this doesn't happen again!This is the gorgeous stamp. I had so much in mind and it just fell short. I wanted it to look like a pub scene and could be used for people wanting to catch up over drinks. It was actually Sheena Douglass' Bah! Humbug stamp set which is, as you can guess a Christmas stamp. If you look closely you'll see the words 'Scrooge and Marley' on one of the signposts but the scene as a whole could be used for many ideas and there's no reason to stifle it to Christmas. I have to give this another go. I also love the watercolour effect of the Distress ink (in Vintage Photo) here- just add water and voila! No need for colouring.

2 comments:

  1. The Tudor card is nice. I like the soft colors and the frames are great. Are they stamps or die-cuts or pre-made?? Your Bah Humbug card is nice, too. I love that stamp. The look of the copper/gold and your embossing is very nice. I don't recall seeing that embossing folder before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gabby! The frames are all spellbinder dies. The frame is a nestibility- one of the fleur-de-lys variations and the other is a set of tags (shapeabilties?.

    The embossing folder is from a sizzix two pack- damask im not mistaken. :)

    thnks for looking!

    ReplyDelete