Monday, October 3, 2011

'By George She's Got it!' (I hope!)

Everytime I've made a card I've always had the distinct feeling that I wasn't quite 'getting it'. My cards were pleasant enough but as much as people complimented my work; I always felt like something was lacking. Something was keeping me from getting things just 'right'.

Today I made two cards that somehow didn't give me that feeling. I looked at them and I thought: By George I think I've got it. I know I've felt this before and then looked back and thought silly girl, you hadn't- not yet. So who knows, I may look at this a few months down the road- after all, we do learn every day we're on Earth!- but I am very proud of these two and the Goddess, may just be my best card to date.

1) Divinely Yours
Using a cut out from a patterned paper, I made this breathtaking card. The backing papers were stamped and distressed to give them the aged look. The flowers were heat embossed in gold and die-cut out using Sizzix cut and stamp packs that have become my newest love!



2) Vintage Christmas
This stamp set from Artistic Outpost features vintage Christmas images and was the reason I got into cardmaking in the first place! One of my first stamp sets (it came in a bundle with the Jane Austen one), I never did get around to using it until now. The backing paper actually comes from a Melissa Frances pack but I added the gold stamp for a little extra something. I love the red gauze ribbon too. It came with wired edges so it was a breeze to turn into ruffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment