Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Shopping Tea Party

If anyone knows how to make good money; it would seem the prize goes to craft stores.

Papier Love: a local craft store at the Curve in Damansara had their annual members day in the form of a tea party. Think goodie bags, little canapes and sweets, lucky draws and of course, member discounts. The lucky draw was spread out- one for every hour so if you wanted to know if you've won; you have to be there all day. There is something terribly tempting about being in a hobby store. You all know the feeling. The pretty items calling you even though you know you shouldn't. Usually, if you're there a couple of minutes , it'd be easier to say, hey I'll think about this and off you go. But it's a completely different ballgame when you keep telling yourself- just awhile more- I may get lucky and win. But seriously Sweetie, what are the odds?

So I didn't win anything but still bought stuff. It's Papier= 1, Diana=0. Sometimes you know the odds are going to practically avalanche you but for some reason you like the taste of cold defeat. Nevermind, scrap materials are never a bad thing. Never.

How can stuff that make such lovely cards be evil? Hmmmm?



Although, I must admit- I do like the goodie bag! Many a goodie bag just come with ridiculous RM5 vouchers only valid for like RM100 purchases or crummy bookmarks. This bag however had some nice embellishments- chipboard and a metal frame as well as sparkly alphabet stickers. These things could easily cost RM50. Granted they're probably old stock and the stuff that didn't sell but I am sure I can make something lovely from it.


All in all it was a pretty good experience. I was hoping to make some new friends in the hobby but though people were generally nice and friendly they already seemed to have their own cliques and groups so it was harder to penetrate the circle. I think if I do want to get into the fold I'll need to attend some classes. I guess we'll see!

P.S. I caved and bought Martha Stewart punches. I promised myself I wouldn't. I hope I don't get mad at me for lying. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment