Monday, October 3, 2011

Celebrating a Hobby!

October 1st marked the first World Cardmaking Day that I was a part of. I've not been in cardmaking a year yet and it has become such a huge part of my life. It's my therapy, my guilty pleasure and my pride.

I spent the day shopping for craft supplies and expanding my horizons in terms of what materials and tools I use. The cards I made were simple but I do hope you like them!

1) 'Take my letter to Santa!'
Love this cute stamp. Very simple card with an embossed background and a coloured in stamped image. Stamp from U-Mount Create-a-Scene Vintage Christmas by Sheena Douglass. The snowflakes have been heat embossed in silver. I am loving the Zing! Powders; so much less static cling issues as compared to the Ranger variety.


2) The Flower Tray
From Sheena Douglass' Wouldn't it Be Lovely stamp set and patterned paper from Prima's Londonderry pack.

3) Butteflies in the grass
Extremely simple card. Was a quick piece for an emergency card-requiring-occasion. Using stamps of life's Branches4Flowers stamp and a stamp set from NZ maker Flonz.


4) This was a commission for a colleague who had a funeral to attend. Again, using Branches4Flowers. This is fast becoming my favourite TSoL set!

5) Bubble Time!
This cute image came from a print pack from a Magazine I bought awhile ago but the name of which eludes me now! Thought the bubbles were just too cute. Quick and easy card but I know just who is going to get it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment